About Vehicle Licenses and Vehicle Engine Number in Nigeria.


I have a car that I got in May 2013 in Sapele and I got all the vehicle papers I was told I needed for it.

One day I was driving down New Road in Sapele and some policemen stopped me to check my vehicle papers. They told me to come down and open my car bonnet and show them my engine number. I opened my car bonnet and to cut the long story short, I didn’t know where my engine number was and neither did they. So quick question; do you know where your car engine number is?


I ended up giving them N2,000 so they could let me go. Then I immediately went to wash my car engine and Voila! There it was. Another question; when last did you wash your car engine?

I’ll come back to engine number soon.


In December 2015, I was stopped by policemen in Benin and while checking my vehicle papers, they said I didn’t have a license called ‘Proof of Ownership’. For almost two years I never heard of it and no policeman or woman ever asked me for it. Was it a newly invented car license? Well, another question, do you have ‘Proof of Ownership’ license for your car?


Two more things:

On my way from Benin to Sapele one Saturday morning, a policeman stopped me and asked to see my engine number. This time I could boldly show him after struggling to clean the area where it was, but there was still a challenge. My vehicle engine number has the same figures as my vehicle chasis number. This is more like a question. Is this not possible? Why do so many policemen argue that this is not possible? After a while of talking back and forth, the policeman said he would release me just because I have a program to attend to in Sapele. 


Finally, my drivers’ license expired in August last year (2017) and since then, I have applied for a new one. I was given a temporal one that has expired also and the date has been extended four different times. The last extension was yesterday. In a month time, it will be a year since I applied for a new drivers’ license and have not been able to get one. I am really concerned about so many systems in Nigeria that are not just working.   

Well, I hope this rant helped/ helps someone.

Wish you a very lovely day.

Ifoghale Efeturi,
iefeturi@gmail.com 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Greatest Revolution Nigeria Needs in 2024

How Message Quotes Are Compiled And Designed At The Historic Miracle Centre

11 Phenomenal Leaders/ Mentors I have worked directly with/ under (Part A)