The Greatest Lesson I Learnt From A Bank Robbery I Experienced


It was 2003, in one of the branches of First Bank in Sapele. I was doing my IT at the end of my 3rd year in university. I worked in several units of the bank from cash and clearing, to customer service, to bulk room. 

I was in the bulk room when the bank robbery took place. When I was transferred to the bulk room, I had a new boss. I think he was a member of Christ Embassy. Apart from the occasional tips I got after helping customers count and confirm their bulk cash, I really enjoyed listening to my new boss talk and how jovial he was. 

I remember that while gisting with another HOD in the bank my boss once said "if those bad people ever come here, they will not see me and I will not see them." He said "I will just lock this door and that door and that will be it." There was an iron door close to his seat and another one close to my seat. I smiled and nodded my head in agreement with him. I think he made this statement again in another conversation and I think somehow it just stuck in my head.

Then one day, while attending to customers in the bulk room, the head of cash tip toed into the bulk room, with his head bowed low, whispering "they don come oh, they don come oh." Without even thinking, my boss stood up and locked the door beside him, I stood up and locked the one beside me. We were about 6 people in the room.


To be continued........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Greatest Revolution Nigeria Needs in 2024

How Message Quotes Are Compiled And Designed At The Historic Miracle Centre

11 Phenomenal Leaders/ Mentors I have worked directly with/ under (Part A)