Writing in The Air

What do you do when you get an inspiring thought for example about an article or something else to write, but there is no writing pad or device around you to write down or capture that thought?

Do you feel frustrated or you just let the thought slide; probably in the hope that you will remember it later when you have something with which to write it down?

I’ll tell you what I do. I write it in the air. I literally look up to a clear space and construct the words and thoughts as much as I can; especially the basic points with which I can use to develop the main article later.

So I kind of zoom out of everything happening around me for a moment and I zoom into that thought and I make progress on constructing it and making it tangible. By doing this, I am programming that thought into my memory for future retrieving and use. I do this a lot while travelling or on the move; especially when my phone battery goes down.

In his book – 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey said everything that is created is created twice. First in the mind, before it is created in the physical. As such when writing in the air, you are creating that document first in your mind and when the condition is right it will be easy for you to recall and eventually create it in the physical.

Too many wonderful thoughts and ideas are lost because they could not be captured for one reason or the other. But with the knowledge of writing in the air, we can alleviate such situations in the future.

I really hope this article helped you.

Thank you for reading.

Ifoghale Efeturi
   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Greatest Revolution Nigeria Needs in 2024

How Message Quotes Are Compiled And Designed At The Historic Miracle Centre

11 Phenomenal Leaders/ Mentors I have worked directly with/ under (Part A)