11 Phenomenal Leaders/ Mentors I have worked directly with/ under (Part A)

Bishop FEB Idahosa (All Time) – Bishop FEB Idahosa is a great man that I have been privileged to meet and be trained and inspired by. One thing I remember very well, is how Bishop FEB made me and other leaders of Christian Fellowship International meet with great ministers of God when these ministers came for Church of God Mission Conventions and programs. I mean people we only see on TV. As a student at that time, those meetings were such a great blessing. Later on as a CGMI Model Church Pastor, we had great times and meetings with Bishop FEB and his lovely wife – Rev. Laurie Idahosa, where we brainstormed, prayed, shared God’s word and were impacted to be better leaders. The very first time I travelled on a plane was on a flight to Lagos from Benin with Bishop FEB. He still inspires and blesses me till today.  

 




 Rev. Prince Arheghan (1999) – I entered Benson Idahosa University around August/ September 1999 and one of the best things that happened to me was joining Christian Fellowship International. My pastor at that time was Pastor Prince Arheghan. He was a phenomenal blessing to me. He did not only teach me Love and the Word of God in an amazing way, He displayed it with His life. He and the members of the fellowship were so real and loving. I was so touched and inspired and blessed. Rev. Prince Arheghan still blessed and inspires me till today.    


 

Rev Wale Ajayi (2003) - I was privileged to be the pioneer president of Christian Fellowship International in Igbinedion University, Okada. Before starting the fellowship with Pst. Joyce Uzochukwu and some other wonderful people, I had the privilege to meet Rev. Wale Ajayi in 2001. I was blown away by my first encounter with Him – especially His passion and exposition of the Gospel of Christ and the love of God. He did something in 2003 that amazed me. I was doing my IT in First Bank Sapele and he called me and informed me of a program he was invited to preach in. It was New Covenant Gospel Church (HQ) Youth Convention. He told me the theme and told me to prepare a 5-minutes message as I was going to speak before him in that program. It actually happened. Rev. Wale is my pastor and spiritual father today and he keeps inspiring and blessing me greatly. 



   
Pst Fanny Ekpekurede (2005) – After my service year, I heard Pst Fanny Ekpekurede ministering in a FECA fellowship service in Sapele and I was blown away. I joined her ministry and my life was turned around. After hearing her speak one day, I went home and prayed in tongues for one hour. We had awesome times praying and sharing God’s Word together in her house. Her husband Dr. Wesley Ekpekurede was also very accommodating, inspiring and a great blessing to us. She took us to meetings in Lagos where I met great ministers of God like Pst Ben Atuluku, Apostle Ernest Paul, Rev. Kayode Oyegoke, Rev. Richard Ashaolu and Rev. Tayo Ladejo, Rev. Green and so many more that have greatly blessed and still bless me today. She remains a spiritual mother to me.





Rev. Emma Ubamadu (2007) – Rev. Emma Ubamadu was my first direct boss. My very first job after school was as an Assistant Administrative officer to him at the CGMI Model Church Office HQ, Benin City. This was in November 2007. He taught me excellence and he also shared God’s Word with me. He is very passionate about changing and impacting our country Nigeria and he is also a great counsellor to me. He thought me a lot about relationships and even after marriage, my wife and I have had cause to visit him and his wife to be counseled and strengthened in our marriage.



 
Mr. Ebiware Okiy (2008) – From April 2008 to November 2008 I worked as the manager of the two branches of Ebi’s Photoshop, Benin City owned and run by Mr. Ebiware Okiy and his wife Mrs Joy Okiy. While there, I met many celebrities and government officials who came to partake of the great photographic excellence that was in display at this digital photo studio. While working here, I was pastoring a church in Sapele, so since the photo studio opened 7 days a week, I usually left Benin for Sapele by 6am every Sunday morning and left Sapele for Benin by 12pm so the office could be opened by 1pm. Mr. Ebiware is a man of great excellence and creativity. He is good at what he does. He was also very kind to me and I really enjoyed working with him.




Rev. Osas Obarisiagbon (2010) – in 2010 I was privileged to work with Rev. Osas Obarisiagbon towards the Christian Youth Fellowship International Convention. The first day I got to the office I was to work from, I called him that the key didn’t open the door and he said to me on the phone “break it”. I felt like Jack Bauer. I drove a Jeep for the first time during that program; as I was also in the protocol team. Rev. Osas doesn’t listen to excuses. He pushes you to your next level. I contacted China business men online for the first time because of him. Till today whenever he sees me, he inspires and encourages me to be my best.   
   




5 more to come in Part B!



Ifoghale O. Efeturi,
iefeturi@gmail.com  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Greatest Revolution Nigeria Needs in 2024

How Message Quotes Are Compiled And Designed At The Historic Miracle Centre