How I Started My Business with N10,000 & Grew it into A Multi-Million Naira Empire


Passion
I started my Beddings business @stuchbeddings) as a Corp member with 10, 000 naira in 2014 because of my love for beautiful bedrooms and in a bid to be self employed/financially independent. 

Resourcefulness 
I had no good phone to take pictures, so I borrowed my neighbour's phone, bought paint worth 5k and begged my corper friends to help repaint my room. I had no bed frame so I had to take pictures with my mattress on bare floor without shame.
  
Overcoming Challenges & Persevering
Cost of bedsheet materials increased drastically but I did not stop! Tried getting loan/investors to grow my business, 1kobo did not come! Continued working with what I had and reinvesting every profit, no debt anywhere and God blessed the work of my hands!
 

When I started, I needed a coach/course on how to start a Beddings Business but FOUND NONE! I saw handouts for every other business but not a single guide for Beddings! I knew I had to depend on myself and God to grow this business. The truth is, it was not an easy journey; I had to motivate myself when the chips were down, cried to sleep when I make some stupid mistakes, LOST A LOT OF MONEY just because I had to walk this journey alone. 

This led me to start a beddings business school (@beddingsboss). Over the years, I had my own share of the entrepreneurial struggle but I didn’t give up. 

Heights Attained 
I started the business with 10, 000 naira and grew it to a multimillion naira business such that our products are in over 20,000 homes with over 300 wholesalers in Nigeria and Ghana, who are also becoming financially independent, created jobs for over 45 men and women tailors making our Beddings all to the glory of God!


The Winning Mentality
I have refused to allow the economy to define my growth as I'm indirectly influencing the Beddings market and also the Top Beddings maker in the country. I have promised myself to MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING as the Daughter of the Most High God! I am not anywhere close to perfect, but I’m a work in progress!

Uche Onyekwelu

Founder, Stuch Beddings


Source: @femalepreneurs (instagram)
Sub-headings: iefeturi.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Greatest Revolution Nigeria Needs in 2024

How Message Quotes Are Compiled And Designed At The Historic Miracle Centre

11 Phenomenal Leaders/ Mentors I have worked directly with/ under (Part A)