Eze times Eze


(interesting learning aids)

If you grew up in Nigeria, then it is very likely you were taught some interesting songs, poems or mnemonics that you could use to remember either how to spell something or some important facts about a certain area of life. I was using a funny one recently and I decided to write this post to share the fun with you. 
 
 
 
These interesting learning aids can be very very helpful some times. Have you ever been in a situation where you either could not remember or you were not just sure about something that you used to know very well? I recently remembered an exam I wrote a long time ago where I was not sure how to spell the word ‘put’. Has this ever happened to you? 
 
 
 
 
Kai! Exam tension can be bad O! It just seemed like a new and strange word to me all of a sudden. Maybe if I had learned something that could help me know the spelling I would have just used it in that moment!

Now let me give you the one I remembered recently. To remember how to spell ‘Exercise Book’ we were taught this mnemonic – Eze times(i.e X) Eze, Rice Customer Is Selling Eba, Because Of Ogogoro Kanda.
Hahaha! Really funny but very helpful.
The most important part to me was the first 3 words that made me know it was ‘E’, ‘X’, ‘E’ and not ‘E’, ‘X’, ‘C’, ‘E’ or some other spelling.
Another one that may be a bit popular is “30 has September, April, June and November. All the rest have 31 except for February which has 28 .... and 29 in a leap year”. I’m not even so sure of the February part again but I still use this song to be sure of how many days a month has. How about you? Do you have some mnemonics or songs/ poems you learned while growing up that you still use a lot even now? If yes, please feel free to share in the comments section below.
I also really hope that our kindergarten teachers still use some of these things to help children learn and remember things
Well, that’s it! Hope you had some fun reading this post? If yes, please feel free to share it also!
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Greatest Revolution Nigeria Needs in 2024

How Message Quotes Are Compiled And Designed At The Historic Miracle Centre

11 Phenomenal Leaders/ Mentors I have worked directly with/ under (Part A)